Friday, May 7, 2010

Transaction recovery: lock conflict caught and ignored

Symptoms:
I have  many  "Transaction recovery: lock conflict caught and ignored"  in alert.log
and Also I have  ORA-01555  errors

Cause
One  long transactions  interreputed  and  try  to recover so  UNDORBS is full
Solution
  • I have  checked  according  to   Oracle rollback - undo monitoring tips
  • Then I have  added  datafile to UNDORBS in order  not  to have  the errors  until transaction recovery
  • I have  checked   but  the transaction recovery  is  very  slow

    select
    CPUTIME,cputime/3600,UNDOBLOCKSDONE ,UNDOBLOCKSTOTAL ,
    CPUTIME/UNDOBLOCKSDONE*UNDOBLOCKSTOTAL/60/60
    from GV$FAST_START_TRANSACTIONS;
  • I have  set   FAST_START_PARALLEL_ROLLBACK  parameter  in order to speed  the  recovery 

    ALTER SYSTEM SET FAST_START_PARALLEL_ROLLBACK = HIGH;
  • After  recovery  everything is  fine

No comments: